Monday, April 27, 2009

The Great Divide: Ideas for defining your space

If you are like me and live in a studio- you have got to set boundaries. Defining space is a crucial part of separating out the different functional areas in your home and will create the illusion of having more square footage. Here are some easy (and cute!) ways to separate your space.

spaced out

1. Love Compartments: This space-creator does double-duty as both a defining and storing piece. These free-standing bookcases from Ikea come in different shapes and sizes you can stack or use alone.

2. The Naturalist: Line up four to five (depending how much ground you want to cover)large 2-3ft vases and fill with tall branches or grass to create a modern look.

3. Picture Perfect: Inspired by Apartment Therapy, drill holes through the top and bottom of picture frames (empty or filled with your favorite art or photos) and connect using fishing line or rope and hang. For a more polished look, purchase new frames (the dollar store or target are great places to go) and glue two back-to-back before hanging and paint any color you want.

4. Blind Ambition: My personal favorite- install wooden or metal blinds to your ceiling and you get a versatile removable wall. Keep them open to create the illusion of space, close them for privacy, or draw them all the way up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love crafts. I love cooking. I love decorating. And I love doing all of these things with style. \

Followers